Saturday, August 22, 2009

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!

On our way out to TX, we unfortunately watched a terrible crash right before our eyes. It was really crazy to watch. Basically a black pathfinder was in front of us on the 10 freeway eastbound right outside of Las Cruces, NM. It appeared that the driver had fallen asleep. He slowly veered off the road into the median, then over-corrected and swept across both lanes, 10 ft from being t-boned by a Semi, into a ditch, proceeding to roll 7x into the field. It was AWEFUL!! We were the only car right behind him. 

We quickly pulled over. Sean jumped out of the truck.. running into the field to help this man. I looked for my CPR mask, couldnt find it, and grabbed my phone to call 911! I grabbed a water bottle from the car and ran out to where Sean was. I thought for sure the people in the vehicle were going to be dead. I was frightened to see the remains. As I came closer, Sean had yelled to me that he thinks he is ok. It was only one person, the driver. His name was Carlos. He had gotten himself out of his SUV and when Sean got there, Carlos collapsed to the ground. Sean immediately assessed him to make sure he was breathing ok and that he wasnt bleeding out. Carlos kept saying his arm..his arm.. His arm was really bad. It appeared to me that his shoulder was disslocated and arm was fractured in multiple places with gnarly puncture wounds. Other than that.. He looked GREAT!! PURE MIRACLE!!! He was wearing his seatbelt- and I truly believe it saved his life, as well as his guardian angels protecting him!

It took about 15 minutes for the police and ambulance to arrive. Once they got there, it moved very quickly and they got him out of there!
I was pretty shooken up the rest of the day. It just reminds you how precious life is and how quick it could be gone!

Here are some pictures, Sean took once he was taken away!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
All his stuff was scattered everywhere from all the flips.
Photobucket
The EMT's are carrying him off on a stretcher.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Lazaro Family said...

that is GNARLY. I can't believe the doors ripped off! Glad you two were there.