Thursday, October 6, 2011

I heart Everything Pumpkin!

I love love love FALL!! It just always brings back such good memories of coming home from school and my mom having warm snickerdoodles baking and pumpkin candles burning.. Its just the best time. The weather cools down and the holidays are approaching and well I just love it. I love building memories. I love family. I love anything and everything PUMPKIN. My sister shares in this passion for Fall. So we decided we wanted to kick off October right. Down the street from where they live is an adorable little pumpkin patch. We met her family there along with my mom. It was so fun. It was a dollar for hayrides and corn mazes and then you got to choose whatever pumpkin you wanted off the actual vine. SO fun right? Well after the pumpkin patch my sister made us a delicious fall meal including: cornbread, pumpkin butternut squash leek soup, pork tenderloin with roasted pear and potatoes, and last but not least pumpkin apple crisp with vanilla ice cream! It was an Octoberfeast for sure. Make sure this fall you take some time out to enjoy the small things and make sure to bake at least one pumpkinny dessert.









































No comments: