Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brianne's Medical Update

First I want to thank everyone that has prayed for me these past couple weeks. I have truly felt every prayer and am so blessed to have so much support and love.
Some may know, I had my annual Colonoscopy and Endoscopy 2 Fridays ago. It went very well.

Well as well as those can go... hehe.. The preparation "Clean Out" day is always the worst part, but with a wonderful husband and friends that cheered me on.. I got through it. The next day was the procedure and it went well too. I did wake up in it( which was a bit traumatic for me) but overall it went well.
The outcome looks mostly positive. The doctors said my Crohn's disease looks very under control in most of my body. GREAT NEWS!! I do have moderate inflammation in my small intestine and colon. Therefore they want to put me back on steroids for at least 2 weeks. I am very upset about this but I know I need to take care of my body.

I have been off ALL meds for 2 years and therefore it was very saddening to know that I have to be on medication again. They also have put me on a Gluten free diet and a minimal dairy diet. I have done the Gfree diet for over a month now (NOT even cheating for a communion cracker.. heehe) I surprisingly have felt a lot better without flour in my diet. I feel like it gives me a lot more energy and way less tummy aches. I also have been getting Iron infusions every other day at Scripps Mercy. My iron levels are shockingly low and cannot supplement orally, therefore need IV to boost my levels quicker.

I am also starting B-12 shots. I or Sean will be giving me B12 shots 2x a week. My B12 is also very low. I am excited how much more energy I will have once my Iron and B12 levels rise to normal levels.
There are a couple other all natural supplements they want me to take like Aloe Vera juice (natural anti-inflammatory), L- Glutamine (restores amino acids in your body), flax seed....

I am shopping very differently these days.. no more processed animal crackers, nilla wafers, hawaiian rolls, bagels... Now much more fruits and veggies and proteins.
I look forward to a restored body. I thank you all for caring and praying. I continue to work hard to take care of my body for my God.

No comments: