Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Great News and Not so great News!!





So Monday April 7th, 2008 was a GREAT DAY, and a not so FUN NIGHT. We started off the day by driving back from San Antonio. We went up there Sunday night to visit my brother. It was sooo great to get to see him and his friend Aaron. They were in San Antonio for The final four. If any of you know my brother, he pretty much lives the coolest life. In the last couple months he has gone to Patagonia, Chile, puerto rico, Monteray, San Diego for Opening DAY, Then now to San Antonio because he and his friend won tickets at a charity auction. So INcredible! We told him that if he ever needs personal assistants to help him with any of these amazing trips, we would quit our jobs and be his slaves.. ha ha.. Anyway we got home to Corpus yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon I had my 2nd interview with the Director of the Hospital, I was a bit nervous on my way there. When I arrived, she was the nicest lady ever! She didnt ask me any nursing related critical thinking questions, just basically was thrilled to have me on staff!! SO I GOT THE JOB!! WOO HOO!! I walked away praising our Lord for taking care of us every step of the way!
Our God ROCKS!! Just one week ago, when we arrived here in Corpus, I was on the edge of crying everyday!! I just wanted to go home! We couldnt find housing, and I couldnt find a job, and i felt so unsettled. But in 7 short/long days God revealed so much to both of us. We got hooked up with an amazing studio behind this retired navy guy's garage. It is only temporary because his son is comin home, but for now it is great! Then I got this great flexible nursing job at the Children's hospital here. It is called a flex RN position, in that i make my own schedule and work as much or as little as I prefer. It is perfect with all the weddings and stuff i want to come home for. So thank you all for all your continual prayers! Prayer works! I have learned that full well!!

So the NOT SO GREAT NEWS... Last night was Sean's first start as a Double AA pitcher. He had been nervous and doubtful all week about it. He hadn't pitched for 2 weeks and that was freakin him out. I kept persisting and encouraging him to only think about what an amazing end he had to spring training. He has become an amazing pitcher. He really is awesome! Last night just didnt go as he had dreamed of it. He had a hard time keeping the ball down. He couldnt get ahead of the count with many of the hitters. His focus this year is to have lots of first pitch strikes, and to never get to a 3 ball count. He ended the night giving away 6 runs in four innings. It wasnt good, but its the first time ever pitching at this level and sometimes it just doesn't go your way. Many guys swung on his first pitch and it was a mess! The first inning he gave up a weak hit, then the next guy sean hit and walked, and the next guy hit a bomb, scoring 3 in the first! The second inning, there was no runs. YEA! The 3rd inning, he gave up three more! OUCH!! I seriously felt all his emotion at once, sitting in the stands!! I felt sooo mad, frustrated, sick to my stomach and sad. I wanted him to have such a great start! It just wasn't meant to be. So if you check his ERA.. it may be a number you have never seen before.. but i have full confidence he will get it down and pitch a great season.
God has a plan for us! He has an amazing plan for Sean and for ME. God has opened many doors in the last month. He wants us here in Corpus, he wants me to work with the kids here, he wants Sean to have an amazing impact on his teammates. Sometimes it is so fuzzy, when one day we perform so well and the next cant figure out why things are happening. But, We know that whatever God wants is what we want!
Sean was pretty bummed last night. A man of few words. All i could do was encourage him, saying the positive things that happened. We ended up winning the game in extra innings. At least he didnt get a Loss!!
Today Sean woke up very disturbed and sad. He sat at his computer for an hour, journaling to Jesus. Later I asked him if there was anything I could do for him? He said no. At that point tears rolled down my face because I could feel all that he was feeling. There is an amazing thing that happens when you are married. You truly become ONE! I felt everything last night and everything this mornin. As I sat there looking at him and telling him how much I love and respect him, he began to tear up as well. Satan definetly has a strong hold over Sean's mind with Baseball stuff. He knows he is in baseball because that is where God wants him, but he doubts his skills all the time. Please pray for us as we continue to face this crazy unsecure baseball career. It truly is a roller-coaster. Sean is an amazing Man. He desires God's desires so much! He has the most tender heart for the Lord. We are called to not an easy life being followers of Christ.. we hope and pray that we will overcome battles the way in which Christ has showed us. In a way we are missionaries on the field and stands compared to missionaries in the unseen world.
Thank you again for all your prayers. I am a HUGE believer in Prayer! Love all of you!
One last thing.. my brother found this website that you can watch the Hook's Home games Live. It is 14.99 for the season. But my brother and his mom did it and it seems to work well. If you are interested you can go to:
http://www.b2tv.com

Click on the “big savings” picture then click on “catch you professional and juniors team live action…” and then click the “cc hooks” logo. Fill out the forms and then you are done. To watch the game click on the b2tv.com home page and then the baseball link under the schedule.
Alright thats it.. to be continued next week!!

No comments: