Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reid's 1st Birthday: Cardboard Play-yard

I cannot even believe our lil guy is already ONE! This year has been the best year of my life by far. I have never felt healthier when pregnant and nursing him. It has been a year full of blessing. As many of you know I LOVE planning parties. When i saw a similar idea on pinterest, I knew I had to run with it. REID LOOVES playing with boxes. Any kind of boxes. Whenever we get a package in the mail its like christmas for Reid. He will sit and climb inside and out of it. Push it around and think its so fun. I decided to keep with the classic red, kraft and black color scheme. That of which are the colors of a typical package. :) Sean and his dad were the creative minds behind the cardboard planes, trains, rocket and helicopter. It was so fun watching them build these unreal box-mobiles :) My mom and I baked all the desserts. A big task- but oh so fun!
I hope you enjoy the pics. It was a super fun day celebrating Reid's tiny life. He couldnt have a BIGGER personality and we love him oh so much!










































































5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! And you were sick leading up to it?? I am seriously impressed :) congrats on one year of being a mom!

Shel + Stone said...

oh my goodness! we are so sad to have missed out on reid's birthday bash! it looked absolutely amazing... im not sure how any mom would ever top that one! xoxo

Kelli Murray said...

Whow! This is the best little boys birthday party I have ever seen! Well done Brianne! Looks just perfect.

Courtney said...

Ok, so I think I came across your family's blog through Shelby Crandall's blog. I have sporadically been checking in to see what's been going on because I think your family is precious, and I discovered that you somehow know my husband's aunt, Gail Bones, and cousin Emily! It was so random and wonderful, I had to find out how you guys know each other.

www.iwantbdphotography.com said...

Oh my gosh this is the greatest party ever!! Asking for a little help here,as I'm planning my son's 1st! We are going to do a classic red bouncy ball theme because our little guys could care less about a paci or blankie but carries and snuggles a ball like it's a stuffed animal :) "ball" is also one of his first and favorite words, nothing thrills him more than a simple ball. I spy reid carrying that ball in lots of pics too! I'm first wondering where you got those red take home balls. I can't find them anywhere! And also, I love your palette. Did you just run kraft paper thru your home printer for all your great signage/labels/banner? Thanks for all the help!!